Newsletter (Archived): September 23rd Newsletter - Sep 23, 2015 - Oct 1, 2015 [Archive]
FRIDAY OCTOBER 2ND THERE WILL BE NO BUSES!!!
PLease make arrangements for your children in the morning as well as in the afternoon.
Grandparent’s Day at St. Joseph School
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2015
10:00 – 10:30 Welcome, prayer, entertainment in the gym
10:30 – 10:45 Classroom Visits
10:45 – 12:30 PICNIC LUNCH, pictures, and Book Fair table
Please fill out the order form attached below and send it in to the office by Friday September 25th. The flyer also has more details about what to expect for Grandparents Day!Grandparents Day
The A/R deadline is getting close. The last day to take Accelerated Reader Test is Friday October October 2nd. Be sure to get your books read!
The exam schedule for 6th – 8th grade students is listed below. Students will take two exams each day in the morning before lunch. The exam period will be extended with a break in between each exam.
Tuesday, October 6th - 1st Period and 5th Period
Wednesday, October 7th - 2nd Period and 3rd Period (7th & 8th grade) 4th Period (6th grade)
Thursday, October 8th - 7th Period and 6th Period
A schedule of each day will be given to the students the week before exams.
- October 2nd there will be no buses running for our St Joseph students due to the Tangipahoa Parish Fair Day. Please be sure to make arrangements for your children!
- October 7th students in grades K-2nd will NOT have school so that parents and teachers may meet for end of quarter conferences. Teachers will be sending out information for parents to sign up for a times slot to meet with their child's teacher on that day. The rest of the school WILL still have school!
NO AFTER SCHOOL CARE
- October 9th (Grandparents Day) & October 30th (Fall Fest) after school care will not be open. Please be sure to make arrangements for your children!
- September 24th (Thursday) The Drama Club will hold auditions for their annual school play on Thursday September 24th for students in grades 6-8th. Good luck to all who audition!
- October 2nd (Friday) There will be NO buses because of the Tangipahoa Parish Fair.
- October 5th (Monday) St Joseph will host a Living Rosary for 9:30 for everyone to enjoy.
- October 6th (Tuesday) St Vincent DePauls will hold a dinner/silent auction at Cafe Nola at 5:30. Tickets are available now through a St Vincent DePaul member. See Flyer below if you are interested.
- October 7th (Wednesday) Our K thru 2nd grade students will not have school.
- October 9th-16th Our Annual Book Fair will be held. Family Night will take place on Tuesday October 13th.
- October 9th (Friday) Let all grandparents know, Grandparents Day will be held Friday October 9th!
- October 9th (Friday) There will be no After School Care.
- October 13th (Tuesday) Our next Home & School meeting will be held.
- October 30th (Friday) St Joseph's Annual Fall Fest will be held on Friday October 30th.
- October 30th (Friday) There will be no After School Care.
- October 31st (Saturday) First Reconciliation for our second graders will take place on Satur
Attention all athletes:
Sign-Up sheets are on the sports bulletin board for soccer for both girls and boys in grades 6 - 8. This is to see how many students we would have interested but there are no tryouts schedule yet at this time. Please be on the lookout for more information to come!
Sign-Up sheets are on the sports bulletin board for girls basketball for grades 5 - 8. Tryouts will be announced soon.
Representatives from each class in grades 5th-8th have been elected to the 2015-2016 Student Council. A photo has been added to our photo gallery. Congratulations to everyone who was elected!
5A- Emma Arnone & Carson Thibodeaux
5B- Caroline Bankston & Laney Roberts
6A- Annabelle Rodrigue & Hannah Habisreitinger
6B- Hanna Bankston & Ali Foster
7A- Anneliese Broussard & Evyn Johnson
7B- Grace Demars & Megan Burton
8A- Paige Bankston & Heather Habisreitinger
8B- Madison Gill & Maria Guay
Beta Club 2015-2016
The SJS Beta Club is in full swing. Letters have gone home welcoming new members to the 2015-2016 Beta Club. The organization also elected officers recently for this year's club. Congratulations to all new members as well as our new officers!
President- Maria Guay
Vice President- Devin Schwaibold
Secretary- Paige Bankston
Treasurer- Heather Habisreitinger
Historian- Camryn Ernst
Art & Wine Stroll
Saturday September 26 from 5:00 to 8:00 you can take a relaxing stroll through Downtown Ponchatoula. You will be able to visit shops and buisnesses showcasing local artists who will display and sell their work and view student art from local schools. You can "wine down" the evening with wine tasting at various locations throughout Downtown. Wristbands are $20, which includes a souvenir glass available during the event at the Ponchatoula Information Center. You must be 21 years of age. Below is a flying indicating where St Joseph student art will be displayed.Art & Wine Stroll
Check out what's going on around campus! To see all of the school photos, go to PHOTO GALLERY under the COMMUNITY TAB of the website. We added pictures from our SJS Golf Tournment, students in action in Science class in 8th and 5th grade, as well officer for Beta Club and Student Council. Pictures will be added throughout the year, keep checking!
See Old News: Archive