News & Announcements: October 21st Newsletter - Oct 21, 2020 - Oct 29, 2020 [Archive]
1. If a student presents symptoms that could be related to COVID, they will need to see a doctor to determine a source of the symptoms. When the student returns, they must have a doctor's note releasing them to return to school. The student must come to the office when they return. If a child is tested for COVID, the student and any siblings must remain at home until they have the results.
2. If a student tests positive for COVID, they must quarantine for 10 days from the first day of symptoms. They may return after the 10 days if they are symptom free. Parents must notify the school if a child tests positive. The student must check in through the office when they return.
3. If an immediate family member who lives in the household with one of our students tests positive for COVID, the school must be notified and all students in that household will have to be quarantined for 14 days. This timeline will be determined according to the first day of symptoms for that family member.
4. Families will be notified if their child has been in direct exposure to someone at school who tested positive for COVID. Direct exposure includes someone who has been within 6 ft for more than 15 minutes with or without a mask. In this case, a student will be asked to quarantine for 14 days due to the possibility of direct exposure to the virus.
5. Students who are quarantined will have excused absences. Students will receive all classwork and lessons as well as support from their teachers during their time at home.
We are very diligent with our protocols. We ask for your help to do the same at home to help us keep our SJS family safe and healthy. Thank you for your understanding.
Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week (October 26 - 30th)
Theme: "Be Happy, Be Brave, Be Drug Free"
Monday - wear a red shirt and school jeans & shoes
Tuesday - Color My World Drug Free! Wear the color shirt for your grade level with school jeans & shoes
Pre-K/K - Any Color
1st - Red
2nd - Orange
3rd - Yellow
4th - Green
5th - Blue
6th - 8th - Purple
Wednesday - From Head to Toe Drug Free!
Wear crazy socks or hat or both with school uniform
Thursday - Team Up Against Drugs!
Wear any team shirt with school jeans & shoes
Friday - Say Boo to Drugs!
Wear spirit dress - Students will receive treats.
Family Drive-In Movie Night - October 30th
Double Feature - Room on the Broom & Scoob!
RSVPs due Friday, October 23rd
Arrive at 6:30, Movie Starts at 7:00
Wear your Costume!!!
This event is being held in a large outdoor space. We respectfully ask that all attending comply with social distancing and remain near the vicinity of their vehicle.
Update on Breakfast & Lunch
This week it was approved for Breakfast and Lunch to be free for all students for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
Please send water bottles with your student daily .The water bottles need to be plastic. They do not need to be disposable. We recommend reusable plastic containers.
School Office Visits
Please limit visits to the office to drop off items to students. We want to reduce traffic in the office as much as possible.
Thank you for your help with this.
Our word of the week is -Self-Control
“Don’t interrupt while someone is speaking; hear what he has to say before you answer.” Sirach 11:8
Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time
“I LOVE YOU, LORD, MY STRENGTH.” PS. 18
THE READINGS FOR SUNDAY’S MASS CAN BE FOUND AT:
“FORMED: THE CATHOLIC FAITH. ON DEMAND.”
SIMILAR TO NETFLIX, FORMED.ORG GIVES YOU ACCESS TO CATHOLIC MOVIES, AUDIO BOOKS, RADIO TALKS, PODCASTS, STUDIES AND MUCH MORE! TO SET UP YOUR FREE ACCOUNT GO TO:
WWW.FORMED.ORG/SIGNUP AND SELECT OUR PARISH!
October 23 - NO BUSSES A.M. or P.M.
October 26 - 30 - Red Ribbon Week
October 30 - Drive-in Movie Night
November 1 - Daylight Savings - Fall Back
November 10 - November Birthdays
November 11 - Mid Quarter
November 13 - World Kindess Day
See Old News: Archive