Newsletter (Archived): September 29th Newsletter - Sep 30, 2015 - Oct 8, 2015 [Archive]
September Crusader of the Month
St. Joseph School recognized Collin Babin and Kathryn Diaz as their Crusaders of the Month for the month of September. Students are nominated by faculty and staff. Students receive a certificate and their picture is displayed on the Crusader Wall of Fame. Thanks to Berrytown Produce for donating the basket of goodies presented to our students each month. Congratulations Collin and Kathryn!
FRIDAY OCTOBER 2ND THERE WILL BE NO BUSES!!!
PLease make arrangements for your children in the morning as well as in the afternoon.
The A/R deadline is getting close. The last day to take Accelerated Reader Test is Friday October October 2nd. Be sure to get your books read!
The exam schedule for 6th – 8th grade students is listed below. Students will take two exams each day in the morning before lunch. The exam period will be extended with a break in between each exam.
Tuesday, October 6th - 1st Period and 5th Period
Wednesday, October 7th - 2nd Period and 3rd Period (7th & 8th grade) 4th Period (6th grade)
Thursday, October 8th - 7th Period and 6th Period
A schedule of each day will be given to the students the week before exams.
Our cafeteria would like to remind parents that students can purchase extra sales with their lunch. Be sure to send in extra money if you want your child to have this option. The lunch menu for the remainder of October is below.
Book Fair is Coming!
Join us for:
Friday, Oct. 9
10:30 am- 12: 30 pm
Gift Certificate Sale
Mon. Oct. 11- Fri. Oct. 15
Book Fair Family Night
Tuesday, Oct. 13
Home and School Meeting, Book Fair Sales and other activities
ANYONE WISHING TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH THE BOOK FAIR CAN CLICK THE FLYER BELOW TO SIGN UP TO WORK AND HELP OUT!!!Volenteer Letter
Public Square Rosary
Come join us to pray the rosary for our country, world peace and Respect for Life on October 10th for noon at St Joseph School. The flyer below lists all the details.Public Rosary
October 2nd there will be no buses running for our St Joseph students due to the Tangipahoa Parish Fair Day. Please be sure to make arrangements for your children!
October 7th students in grades K-2nd will NOT have school so that parents and teachers may meet for end of quarter conferences. Teachers will be sending out information for parents to sign up for a times slot to meet with their child's teacher on that day. The rest of the school WILL still have school!
NO AFTER SCHOOL CARE
October 9th (Grandparents Day) & October 30th (Fall Fest) after school care will not be open. Please be sure to make arrangements for your children!
SJS Pelican Game
ST. JOSEPH SCHOOL-GROUP NIGHT WITH THE NEW ORLEANS PELICANS
Sunday November 22nd, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns
ORDER TICKETS ON RENWEB
Our group will receive the following:
- Pelican Jersey---Each lower level ticket will receive a replica AD jersey at the game. Yes, every person in our group will receive a jersey!
- Group Picture---Our entire group will be allowed on the floor after the game to take a group photo on the court with some of the Pelican dancers.
- Jumbotron---Our group name will be posted on the Jumboton at halftime.
- Halftime Fan Tunnel---20 people from our group will be allowed to go on the court to form a fan tunnel and high-five the Pelican players.
- Special Rate---Special ticket rate of $35 per ticket. (Regular price is $70.)
LOWER LEVEL SEATS ARE ON THE FIRST LEVEL OF THE ARENA
Come experience a New Orleans Pelicans game with our St Joseph School Group. The game is during the holiday break, so the students don't have school that day. Our tickets will be together in a large group.
ORDER TICKETS ON RENWEB. Please send your check to the office in an envelope marked "Pelicans". Include your child's name and homeroom on your envelope.
DEALINE IS NOVEMBER 6TH
A lot of pictures have been added this week to our photo gallery, be sure to check it out. To view the pictures go to PHOTO GALLERY under the COMMUNITY TAB of the website. You can download and save/copy any pictures of your child. Pictures are added every week, keep checking!
Partners in Faith
The October issue of Partners in Faith is attached below for our SJS families to read. This is a great way for families to help their children grow in their Catholic Faith.October Partners in Faith
- October 2nd (Friday) There will be NO buses because of the Tangipahoa Parish Fair.
- October 5th (Monday) St Joseph will host a Living Rosary for 9:30 for everyone to enjoy.
- October 6th (Tuesday) St Vincent DePauls will hold a dinner/silent auction at Cafe Nola at 5:30. Tickets are available now through a St Vincent DePaul member. See Flyer below if you are interested.
- October 7th (Wednesday) Our K thru 2nd grade students will not have school.
- October 9th-16th Our Annual Book Fair will be held. Family Night will take place on Tuesday October 13th.
- October 9th (Friday) Let all grandparents know, Grandparents Day will be held Friday October 9th!
- October 9th (Friday) There will be no After School Care.
- October 9th (Friday) Voting begins in morning assembly for Fall Fest King/Queen for $.25 a vote.
- October 13th (Tuesday) Our next Home & School meeting will be held.
- October 13th (Tuesday) Family Night Book Fair
- October 13th (Tuesday) Pink Out Day for $1
- October 30th (Friday) St Joseph's Annual Fall Fest will be held on Friday October 30th.
- October 30th (Friday) There will be no After School Care.
- October 31st (Saturday) First Reconciliation for our second graders will take place on Sat
See Old News: Archive