Newsletter (Archived): February 17th Newsletter - Feb 17, 2016 - Feb 25, 2016 [Archive]
Due to the inclement weather that is in the forecast for Tuesday February 23rd, SCHOOL WILL BE CLOSED for everyone's safety.
During this special time in our Church year, let us remember to reflect on the blessings in our lives as well as offer sacrifices and service during this Lenten season.Our school will host Stations of the Cross each Friday at 1:45 p.m. during Lent beginning on February 19th and concluding with our Living Stations of the Cross on Holy Thursday, March 24th. This event will take place in the gym at 8:30 a.m. We invite you to join us for these activities.
This Lent SJS is once again participating in CRS Rice Bowl, a faith-in-action program that helps families experience Lenten spirituality by living in solidarity with people in need around the world.
Here are three simple ways to bring Lent to life in your home.
- Place your CRS Rice Bowl in a prominent place in your home and use it to collect your Lenten sacrifices.
- Read the Lenten Calendar reflections each day as a family.
- Visit crsricebowl.org to find videos and family activities, or take Lent outside of the bowl and download the CRS Rice Bowl app on your iOS or Android device.
Thank you for using CRS Rice Bowl with your family this Lent. We will be collecting CRS Rice Bowls at the end of Lent.
Father Daughter Dance
The theme for this year's Father Daughter Dance is "The Sweetheart Dance" and will be held on Friday February 19th. Come dressed casual in jeans, red or pink shirts or in your fanciest attire. Cost is $20 a couple and $5 for each additional child. Food, snacks and drinks will be served and pictures will be available for purchse. All dad's can come enjoy a great night with their daughters and dance the night away. Please return the attached form and money to the office.Father Daughter Dance
Just a few reminders:
- 8th graders will take the cap and gown pictures on Tuesday February 23rd.
- On Friday March 4th we will not have any buses. Parents, please make arrangements for your children.
- On Thursday March 24th, we will hold a Parent/Teacher conference for students in grades Prek, kinder, 1st and 2nd. Students in these grades will NOT have school; however, students in grades 3rd-8th will have a regular day of school.
School Supply Survey
We are conducting a survey using Renweb to get an idea if we would have enough interest from parents to participate in purchasing school supplies from a vendor and have them delivered to school for the 2016-2017 school year for your child. If you could log onto Renweb and click the survey tab, you will see the survey "SCHOOL SUPPLIES" that we created for parents to complete. We appreciate your support and will keep you informed if we decide to proceed with this option.
- February 19th (Friday) Father/Daughter Dance
- February 22nd (Monday) Registration begins for new students
- February 23rd (Tuesday) 8th grade take cap and gown pictures
- February 24th-26th Beta Club members attend State Convention
- March 4th (FRIDAY) NO BUSES
- March 8th (Tuesday) March Birthdays can have a free dress day.
- March 24th (Thursday) Grades Prek thru 2nd will NOT have school due to parent teacher conferences.
Several pictures have been added of our St Joseph students so be sure to check out our photo gallery. A lot of wonderful things are happening here at school! To view the pictures go to PHOTO GALLERY under the COMMUNITY TAB of the website. You can download and save/copy any pictures of your child. Pictures are added every week, keep checking!
Partners in Faith
The February issue of Partners in Faith is attached below for our SJS families to read. This is a great way for families to help their children grow in their Catholic Faith.February
See Old News: Archive