Newsletter (Archived): May 11th Newsletter - May 11, 2016 - May 19, 2016 [Archive]
Show your Support
In today's world, we all know someone who has been affected by cancer. On Friday May 13th, students can wear a colored shirt to show support for any type of cancer for $1. All money collected will be sent to former SJS student, Emily Hines, to help with her battle against cancer. Prayers, love and support are greatly appreciated!
Remember.....students are to wear a colored shirt that represents a particular type of cancer.
Just a few examples:
The last call for all Box Tops and Community Coffee UPC codes are due on Friday May 20th. The class with the largest amount turned in for the year will receive a pizza party.
Our 8th graders will be taking their 4th quarter exams next week. The schedule is listed below.
Monday---English & Social Studies
Tuesday--Science & Reading
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AS YOU FINISH OUT THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR!!!
Volleyball tryouts for girls in grades 4th-7th grade have been moved to Wednesday May 18th from 3to 5pm.
YEARBOOK ORDER FORM
(Hard back with colored pages)
ORDERS DUE BY FRIDAY, May 27, 2016
Make checks payable to St. Joseph SchoolYearbook Order Form
Please continue to vote for members for the advisory council. We have five nominees and four positions to fill. The ballot is listed under the survey tab in RenWeb. Our Advisory Council is a very important group who represents the voice of our SJS families and advises our administration on ideas to grow and improve our school. Please take a minute to cast your vote! The election will close on May 13th.
Report cards will be mailed to parents at the end of the school year. So, parents please go to WebForms on your parent RenWeb account and be sure to check your personal information. Please review and make any changes necessary to ensure that your child's report card will be mailed to the correct address.
We will NOT have any school buses the last week of school. Please make arrangements for you children on these days.
Several flyers have been added to the websit. If you are looking for something for your children to do this summer, check out the different summer camps that are offered in our area. Our Summer Camp tab is under the Community section of the website.
- May 12th (Thrusday) Track Banquet
- May 13th (Friday) A/R Deadline
- May 16th (Monday) 8th Grade Exams English & Social Studies
- May 17th (Tuesday) May 8th Grade Exams Science & Reading
- May 19th (Thursday) 8th Grade Exams Math
- May 19th (Thrusday) 8th Grade Rehearsal & 1/2 Day (8th grade only)
- May 19th (Thursday) Prek Picnic
- May 20th (Friday) Prek Closing program for 9:00
- May 20th (Friday) EXAMS: 6th & 7th Period
- May 23rd (Monday) EXAMS: 1st & 2nd Period
- May 24th (Tuesday) EXAMS: 3rd/4th & 5th Period
- May 24th (Tuesday) 8th Grade Breakfast/Awards for 8:30
- May 24th (Tuesday) Kinder picnic
- May 24th (Tuesday) 8th Grade Promotion for 7:00
- May 25th (Wednesday) Kinder Closing Program at 10:00
- May 26th (Thursday) FIELD DAY---HALF DAY
- May 27th (Friday) Awards Day for 8:30
- May 27th (Friday) LAST DAY FOR STUDENTS & TEACHERS----HALF DAY DISMISSAL
We have added more pictures of our amazing students. To view the pictures go to PHOTO GALLERY under the COMMUNITY TAB of the website. You can download and save/copy any pictures of your child. Pictures are added every week, keep checking!
Partners in Faith
The May issue of Partners in Faith is attached below for our SJS families to read. This is a great way for families to help their children grow in their Catholic Faith.May
See Old News: Archive